Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Love for Reading

For a long time now, I have stuck to physical books. But, having recently came into possession of an iPad and having had my curiosity piqued about the latest Kindle 3, I have in the past week moved on to electronic books. And at the moment, it looks like I ain't gonna look back. Whilst I love physical books, limited storage space has driven me to give away a number of my "collection" either to the Salvation Army or to my friends. So for me, e-books is the way forward.

One of the first few kindle books that I have bought for re-reading is Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows' The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. An extract from the book below:

"That's what I love about reading; one thing will interest you in a book, and that tiny thing will lead you onto another book, and another bit there will lead you onto a third book. It's geometrically progressive - all with no end in sight, and for no other reason than sheer enjoyment."

No comments:

Post a Comment