Friday, June 26, 2009

My Herb Garden


These are some of the herbs in my backyard:

Rosemary
Love brushing my hands against their spiny and fragrant leaves.

Citronella

Artemisias and Sweet Basil

Peppermint
A relatively new addition to the backyard.

Spearmint
Propagates easily by leaf cuttings.

Sweet Basil seedlings

Kala mints
They bear pretty little leaves and flowers but seemed to be aphid-magnets.

Lavender
Brief as they were with me, they are much missed for their scent.

Lemon Balm
Propagates easily by leaf cuttings. I use the leaves to make tea that is almost verbana like.

Thai Basil

2 comments:

  1. I love your herb garden! I just started growing them in late Jun, I started with Thai basil, Italian basil, rosemary and dill. My dill didnt make it. Then I bought some sweet basil from a supermarket and soaked them in water to grow roots before repotting. Just bought oregano and lemon balm. Looking for spearmint and peppermint to add on to the family :)

    ReplyDelete