Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Postcards from Arizona


During my sister's recent trip back from the US, I had asked that she take some photos of the plants in Arizona, where she is currently residing. A few days ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see a whole bunch of photos which my dear sister had diligently taken. As she put it, she had to brave the scorching sun to take these pictures at mid-day. Seeing these photos perked me up almost instantly, especially since I had recently taken to growing succulents. Here are some of the photos from Arizona.
Lovely flowers in bloom. It is amazing how these plants find the energy to blossom in the blazing summer heat of Arizona.

My sister calls these yellow-leaved cactuses "watermelon cactuses". Not sure if it is a sign of her thirst?
More "watermelon cactuses".
Close-up shot of two yellow-leaved cactuses. Love the gravel that they are sitting on.


This cactus has a rather cute name. Grizzly Bear - can any cactus get a more huggable name than this?

I am not certain whether this is a cactus but it does have a dessicated colour and appearance to it.

2 comments: