Thursday, August 13, 2009

Talking to my plants


You see. I had this smallish pot of aloe vera (the ones with the faint white marks) growing in the shade in the kitchen. It received bright light with no direct sun rays on it. There were all these garden stuff - fertilisers, compost, perlite, spare pots all around it. One fine day, I decided that all these stuff surrounding the aloe vera may be cramping it in and also injuring its leaves and that I should allow the aloe vera more room to grow by placing it outdoors.

So I placed the pot on one of the racks outdoors, thinking that the aloe vera is like a cactus - sure to survive the direct sun. But when I saw the plant the next day, I was shocked to see that its leaves had turned brown. I thought it would recover the next day. But no. The leaves remained brown. So I brought it back into the kitchen and pleaded with it to the effect: “ok, ok, I put you back here. But please, don’t die on me ok.”.

By now the aloe vera has recovered somewhat and has regained most of its green-ness, I am contented. But I need to encourage it a bit more I think cos it’s not as lush it was before being “thrown” into the sun by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment