Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fruits from an afternoon at 4 nurseries

These are the fruits of my shopping trip at 4 nurseries on a Friday afternoon:

Phalaenopsis Bellina - 26 July 2009


Episcia 'Malaysian Gem' - 25 July 2009

Aglaonema nitidum var. curtisii - 25 July 2009
Didn't know the name of this plant until my green-fingered friend identified it from '1001 Garden Plants in Singapore' - Thank you for that.
This plant reminds me of "pak choy" when I first saw the plant. Love the light striation on the leaves as well as the white-edged tips.



Sedum Mexicanum - 25 July 2009
Always wanted to add this happy looking plant to my backyard, and I finally did yesterday.

Caldium Bi-Colour - Kathleen - 25 July 2009

Got this from World Farm. Comes in a little black bag and is relatively inexpensive yet very pretty to look at.

Caldium 'Sub Som Boon' - 25 July 2009
Got this from a nursery near World Farm. Love the big dark red leaves tinged with green.

Codiaeum - 25 July 2009
This was not a plant on my shopping list but I found myself attracted to its vibrant colours.

Hoya Kerrii - 25 July 2009
Love the heart-shaped leaves.

Laksa Leaf - 25 July 2009
Got this as well as the curry leaf plant for another plant lover. Personally, I love the fragrance of the curry leaves and laksa leaves but having had a laksa leaf die on me - it literally flopped onto its pot - I have decided that these two plants are not for me and my garden. At least not for now...

Curry Leaf - 25 July 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment