Monday, July 20, 2009

Sightings on a Sunday Jaunt

Having caught sight of a flowering cactus when I returned home late Saturday night, I decided that I had to take a photo of it. So armed with a camera, I trotted to my neighbour's garden only to find that the flower was not in bloom. Even then, it was a sight to behold.

After the cactus flower sighting, I was off to Little India for a Rocket Thosai and milk tea.

Then off I went to Arab Street for a late morning jaunt.

Shopfront in Haji Lane.

Saw pictures of this shopfront on Wilson's blog. Was pleasantly surprised to see that the shop is still around, and so are the plants.

Anthurium Crystallinum in front of a kumquat standard.

A trough of Alocasia x Amazonica

And some very lovely espicias... absolutely gorgeous leaves and flowers to boot.


Passing by Duxton Road, I saw this blooming bougainvillea plant... Though I am not a bougainvillea fan, I couldn't help but be in awe of this beauty in the backlane.


No comments:

Post a Comment